I wasn’t a huge fan of overnight oats when it became a fad – I tried a few different recipes and they just weren’t doing it for me, not to mention many had over 400 calories per serving. But this recipe is different – so delicious, you will think you are having dessert for breakfast. It has fiber, nutrients, protein and, at 195 cal/serving, completely guilt free.
3/4 cup organic almond milk (we like the Mooala or 365 brand)
1/2 cup organic gluten free rolled oats
2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
1 Tablespoon organic whole chia seeds
1 Tablespoon Enjoy Life Mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
Putting it all together:
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight; divide in 2 bowls and enjoy!
- Optional: Add organic raw cacao nibs, shredded coconut and/or organic sliced strawberries before serving.
- Make it protein powered by adding a scoop of collagen protein before serving (you won’t taste it!)
- For the freshest nutmeg, but them whole and use a zester to quickly make it “ground” nutmeg.
- You can use quick oats but we prefer the full rich flavor of whole oats (quick oats make it more mushy).