At Real Health & Fitness, scientific non-invasive laboratory testing is utilized because it is the most accurate way to determine health imbalances and toxicity levels in the body that may be causing or contributing to those imbalances. The following high quality professional diagnostic laboratory tests are recommended when necessary:
FOOD SENSITIVITY/ FOOD INTOLERANCE
Method Used: 5 drops of blood from Fingertip
- IgG mediated Food Allergy Testing of 120+ common foods or a more comprehensive panel of 200+ foods. Both panels include a variety of food groups including meat, fish, dairy, grains, vegetables and fruit. Vegetarian panel includes 160+ vegetarian foods with a wider range of fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes as a substitute for meats in the other panels.
- Candida Sensitivity Testing as a standalone (NEW!) or an add-on to the IgG mediated Food allergy test.
MINERALS AND TOXIC METALS
Method Used: Hair Sample from nape of neck
- Hair Mineral Analysis is a screening test to measure the levels of up to 60 essential mineral and toxic metals. With correct testing and interpretation, a complete metabolic profile of the human body can be constructed. This assessment is done via hair sample taken from the nape of the neck.
DIGESTIVE FUNCTION TESTS
Method Used: Stool Sample
- Comprehensive Digestive Analysis: This test evaluates digestion, absorption, gut flora, yeast and immune status. It is recommended for individuals with irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, malabsorption, and other GI-related problems. Parisitology is an optional add-on to this test.
- Candida Yeast Testing: Evaluates stool for levels of beneficial flora, imbalanced flora, yeast, and pathogenic bacteria.
- Comprehensive Parisitology Profile: Evaluates stool for presence of parasites and levels of beneficial flora, imbalanced flora, pathogenic bacteria and yeast.
INTESTINAL PERMEABILITY / LEAKY GUT TEST
Method Used: Urine Sample
- This test analyzes urine for the clearance of two non-metabolized sugars, lactulose and mannitol and identifies “leaky gut” and malabsorption.
SMALL INTESTINE BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH
Method Used: Breath Test
- This simple, non-invasive test detects bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) in the small intestine, a common condition that often underlies chronic symptoms of maldigestions and malabsorption, including bloating, gas, diarrhea, irregularity and abdominal pain.
HORMONES & NEUROTRANSMITTER LEVELS
Method Used: Saliva or Urine Sample
- Complete Male Hormone or Female Hormone Profiles including Cortisol, Estrogens, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone and Melatonin.
- Neurotransmitters including Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Norepinephrine and Glutamate.
Method Used: Urine Sample
- 24-Hour or Spot Test to evaluate the body’s use of Iodine. An essential element for health, Iodine’s primary function is in the production of thyroid hormones. A widely misunderstood element, Iodine is needed throughout the entire body to maintain proper and normal daily functions.
- Add-ons for Bromide, Fluoride and Chloride testing are also available.
***Other laboratory tests are also available and may be recommended based on the client’s individual requirements***