SIMPLE HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Makes 2 quarts
1 ¼ cups organic raw almonds, soaked*
5 cups filtered water
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 ½ – 2 Tablespoons organic coconut sugar, organic maple syrup or organic honey
Putting it all together:
- Combine almonds and water in high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain in a nut milk bag over a large bowl.
- Clean blender and pour strained milk back into the blender.
- Add salt and coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey; blend again until smooth.
- Pour into 2 1-quart glass jugs or mason jars. Keeps in the fridge up to 5 days. Alternatively, freeze milk in ice cube trays.
*To soak almonds, place in a bowl and cover with filtered water. Leave on the counter overnight.