A delicious, healthy lower-calorie alternative to meatballs the whole family will enjoy. Quick and easy to prepare!
Serves 8; freezes well.
2 lb. extra lean ground chicken
1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp Himalayan pink salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup organic vegetable broth
2/3 cup organic tomato paste
1/2 cup organic raw honey
2 Tablespoons raw organic apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon organic chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp organic ground mustard powder
Putting it all together:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, green onion, minced garlic, eggs, 1 tsp of the salt and black pepper.
- Mix well and, using wet hands form mixture (will be loose and a little difficult to form into balls otherwise) into meatballs and place on parchment lined pan, spaced a little apart from one another.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broth, tomato paste, honey, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, paprika, ground mustard and remaining 1 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and top with sauce.